Hey friends! It’s time for a new MFT card kit release. This kit has a sad theme and it makes me tear up a little when I think too hard about it. The theme is pet sympathy. I have two dogs that mean the world to me, and I can’t imagine a world without them. Losing a pet is so incredibly hard, and it may be hard to know what to say to a friend or loved one going through this pain, but this card kit is sure to help.
For Countdown day 1, I made a clean and simple card with a little sparkle that is hard to see in the photos. Sometimes simple is best, especially when it comes to sympathy cards, so I leaned into that.
- Create a mini slimline card base from heavyweight white cardstock. The card measures 3.25 x 6.25 inches.
- Create another panel of white cardstock in the same size as the card base.
- Die cut the panel with the With Sympathy Die-namics.
- Back the panel with black cardstock to fill in the letters. Add back in the interior of the letters.
- Ink blend a sun with yellow and orange dye inks using the Heavenly Glow Stencil. I shifted the rays a little bit to get the double rays.
- Using six patterns from the Pawsome Prints Paper Pad, die cut with the Rainbow Bridge Die-namics. Die cut extra layers from white cardstock for extra dimension. Adhere to the card front at the bottom.
- Die cut several clouds from Cutest Clouds Ever Die-namics. Adhere with liquid glue and foam tape around the panel. Add glitter brush marker at the bottom of each cloud.
- Die cut one dog from the Pet Silhouettes Die-namics from black cardstock. Adhere to one of the clouds with foam tape.
- Adhere the completed card front to the card base.
Thanks for stopping by! For even more ideas and inspiration, please visit the My Favorite Things YouTube channel.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!