Hi crafty friends! There’s a new color challenge up on the MFT blog and it’s perfect for the upcoming Valentine’s Day season. Please head over to the MFT blog for all the details on eligibility and how to enter. To inspire you to play along, I made a cute card featuring a mix of items from the most recent release and the December release.
- Trim a panel to a mini-slimline size – 6 x 3 inches.
- From scrap cardstock, die cut the Piece of My Heart Die-namics to use the aperture as a stencil.
- Stencil three hearts towards the left side of the panel in MFT Poppin’ Pink and Wild Cherry inks. Ink two hearts with MFT Poppin’ Pink; the first heart with light pressure and the second with more pressure for a deeper saturation.
- Splatter the panel with water, white acrylic paint, and pink acrylic paint for additional texture.
- Line up the Piece of My Heart Die-namics on the Wild Cherry ink blended heart and die cut.
- Tape the die cut pieces together and add foam tape. Adhere the red heart back in place.
- Stamp and copic color images from the Sweet Skunks stamp set. Die cut with the coordinating Die-namics and adhere to the card front.
- Create a mini-slimline cardbase – 6 x 3.25 inches.
- On the front of the card base, stamp the Lined by Hand Background stamp in MFT Extreme Black ink.
- White heat emboss a sentiment from the Itty Bitty Love stamp set and adhere to the panel with thin foam tape.
- Adhere the completed card front to the card base and finish with clear, sparkling sequins.
Hope you join us for the biweekly color challenge! Thanks for stopping by! For even more ideas and inspiration, please visit the My Favorite Things YouTube channel.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!