I’m back with another sample using products from the new MFT card kit – Celebrate Everything. This fun and easy card makes a great birthday card for any gender. I love patterned paper because it is fun to mix and match patterns. Most times, all of the patterns in a single paper pad coordinate and look great together so it is easy to use several patterns and your final card still look cohesive. With this card, I used a different pattern for each slant except for one. I did that so the eye has a place to rest with all the color and patterns.
- From the Time to Celebrate Paper Pad, choose the patterns you would like featured. After selecting the patterns, trim a strip large enough to cover an area of the Slanted Stripes Cover-Up Die-namics. I did selective die cutting instead of cutting the entire cover plate with each piece of pattern paper.
- Adhere the strips together on a scrap piece of cardstock. Trim off any edges that you did not align perfectly.
- Using the A2 Rectangle Frames Die-namics, die cut several frames from blue and white cardstock. Adhere the layers together with liquid glue.
- Adhere a piece of acetate with double-sided adhesive to build the shaker window with the frame.
- Gather sequins in the middle of the panel of strips, add adhesive to the frame, center, and adhere to complete the shaker. Adhere the completed shaker to an A2 card base.
- Die cut the Happy Birthday Die-namics die from yellow and white cardstock. Adhere to the front of the card.
- Finish the card with white pen details on the frame.
Thanks so much for reading! For even more ideas and inspiration, please visit the My Favorite Things YouTube channel.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!