The May release is finally live! What are your favorites? I’d love to hear so please drop a comment below! I have one final card to share with you today. It’s a cute and simple forest scene using the You Make My Days Sunshiny stamp set.
- Die cut the Under the Treetop Die-namics from various green and brown patterned paper from the Colorful Canvas Paper pad. Color the die negative die cut for the inside of the tree with dark brown copics. Adhere to an A2 card panel.
- Create your own grass with Copic Markers. Using G94, G12, G14, and G00 flick color like blades of grass across the base of the card front. Stamp a few tufts of grass from the My Smile Is Bigger Because of You stamp set.
- Add details to the tree trunk and leaves. On the tree, add lines to mimic wood with brown copic markers. It is not perfect, but I just wanted the illusion of tree bark, adding a little more organic texture to the patterned paper. Using green ink, dilute with water and splatter on the leaves.
- Lightly ink blend the background with light blue ink. Ideally, you should ink blend the background before gluing the tree down. Unfortunately, I did not 🙂 so I just added a little color so the background wasn’t stark white.
- Slightly trim the panel down and matte with a piece of yellow cardstock.
- Stamp and copic color a few images from the You Make My Days Sunshiny stamp set. Die cut with the coordinating die-namics.
- Adhere the images to the card front with liquid glue and foam tape.
- Stamp and white heat emboss a sentiment from the set on the same yellow cardstock. Adhere with foam tape.
Thanks so much for reading! I really appreciate you following along and subscribing to my blog. For even more ideas and inspiration, please visit the My Favorite Things YouTube channel.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!