- Technique(s): copic coloring, die cutting, shaker card, paper strips
- Product list:
Welcome to Countdown Day 4! When I saw this cute little girl, I thought it would be fun to lean into the sprinkles theme and create a shaker card.
- Die cut an A2 panel of white cardstock with the Stitched Triple Peek-a-Boo Window & Edge Die-namics die to create the shaker front.
- Adhere acetate to the back with double sided tape. Then add foam tape around the windows and the rest of the piece.
- With the negative die cut circles, lightly ink blend them for an ombre look with Sno Cone ink.
- Using a paper trimmer, cut several 0.25 inch strips of cardstock from various colors in the Poppin’ Polka Dots paper pad and light pink cardstock.
- Adhere the strips to a piece of scrap copy paper. Trim excess off leaving an A2 panel.
- Adhere the panel with strips to an A2 card base.
- Line up the negative die cut circles that were ink blended and adhere to the card front.
- Carefully gather sprinkle embellishments on top of each circle and adhere the shaker front on top.
- Stamp and color the focal image from the You’re the Sprinkles to My Frosting stamp set with Copic markers. Die cut with the coordinating Die-namics.
- Stamp the layering sprinkles stamp on top of the donut with embossing ink and heat emboss with pink, glitter embossing powder.
- Stamp and white heat emboss the sentiment from the Itty Bitty Love stamp set on a pink cardstock strip.
- Adhere the focal image with foam tape, adding the sentiment beneath.
Thanks for stopping by! Come back to Day 3 tomorrow. For even more ideas and inspiration, please visit the My Favorite Things YouTube channel.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!