Hi friends! I’m so excited to be part of the My Favorite Things (MFT) design team for 2022!!! The design team is incredible, the products are oh so adorable, and I can’t wait for you to see what fun, new products MFT has to offer for 2022! Kicking off the new year right, there is a new release on January 11 at 10 AM ET, and the DT has wonderful inspiration for you. For those that may not know, the MFT countdown starts 5 days before the scheduled release and is meant to show you sneak peeks of various products on each day leading up to the release.
Today, I’m featuring several items from today’s featured products. I love the Heartfelt Love Die-namics die so I wanted to use it to create a bold, typographic background.
- Die cut the Heartfelt Love Die-namics die from the Sweet Plaid paper pad. Die cut two additional layers from white cardstock.
- Adhere the white die cut letters together and then adhere the white letters behind the patterned paper letters slightly offset.
- Adhere this focal element at a diagonal to a pink cardstock panel trimmed to 3.75 x 5 inches.
- Die cut the Heartfelt Love Die-namics die several additional times from pink cardstock.
- Using the negative die cut to line up the letters to ensure even spacing, adhere the word ‘love’ as many times as possible on the panel. Offset the letters to add additional interest to the background.
- Trim any excess letters hanging off of the panel.
- Out of white cardstock, die cut a frame from the Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frames Die-namics and adhere it to the panel.
- Stamp the elephants from the You Are My Happy Place stamp set and color with Copic markers. Add details with a white acrylic pen. Die cut the image with the coordinating Die-namics die.
- Adhere the colored image to the panel with foam tape.
- Die cut three hearts from Begging to See You Soon Die-namics from white cardstock and ink the hearts with Tropical Teal ink. Add details with a white acrylic pen and top with crystal glaze. Once dried, adhere the hearts to the card front with foam tape.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Straight from the Heart stamp set in Tropical Teal ink. Trim the sentiment out with scissors and adhere to the card front.
- Adhere the completed card front to an A2-sized card base.
Hope this inspired you to use your large die cut sentiments as a tone-on-tone background element. Stop by tomorrow for Countdown day 4’s card. Thanks for reading! For even more ideas and inspiration, please visit the My Favorite Things YouTube channel.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!