Hi crafty friends! I’m excited to share a sneak of the first MFT card kit for 2022. In case you may not know, like each new release, card kits also have Countdown days. There is only 1 day instead of 5 for card kits. The new card kit is called Celebrate Everything, and as the title states, it is all about birthdays or any cause to party!
For my card, I wanted to play with the patterned paper and make some cute balloons. I think this kit and add-ons are perfect for unisex cards because the color palette and dies will work for any gender.
- On an A2 card panel, dry emboss all of the A2 Rectangle Frames using the instructions for your die cutting machine. This gives some added texture and interest to the background.
- Die cut three balloons using the Balloon Builder Die-namics from three different pieces of patterned paper from the Time to Celebrate Paper Pad. Die cut two additional layers per balloon for added dimension. Adhere the layers together with liquid glue.
- Die cut the bottom of the balloon and the shine mark from white cardstock and adhere to each balloon.
- Using string from my stash, adhere a piece of string at the bottom of each balloon. You could also use the string die in the Balloon Builder set, but I wanted a difference in texture.
- Stamp and white heat emboss a sentiment from the Celebrate Everything stamp set on the right most balloon.
- Arrange the balloons and adhere them onto the card front. One balloon is adhered with liquid glue and the others with strategically placed foam tape.
- Finish the card with clear drops around the panel.
Hope you liked my card and thanks for stopping by! For even more ideas and inspiration, please visit the My Favorite Things YouTube channel.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!