For Day 3, I made another birthday card for my stash. I wanted to use the MFT inks for a watercolor wash and do a simple, scattered pattern with the numbers.
- Trim a panel of watercolor cardstock to 4 x 5.25 inches.
- Using MFT dye inks – Summer Splash, Blue Beyond, Sno Cone, and Cornflower – smoosh the paper into the inks to create a watercolor wash background.
- Repeat smooshing ink onto the panel, drying between layers.
- Once dry, splatter white and teal acrylic paint for additional texture.
- Stamp and copic color the images from the Hip Hip Yay Numbers set. Die cut with the coordinating Die-namics.
- Die cut the numbers again from fun foam and adhere together.
- Die cut the Arched Happy Birthday on the panel.
- Back the open letters with silver foil cardstock. Carefully glue the inside of the letters back in.
- Arrange the popped up numbers around the panel randomly and adhere with liquid glue.
- Pop up the entire completed panel with fun foam and adhere to an A2 card base.
Thanks for looking! For even more ideas and inspiration, please visit the My Favorite Things YouTube channel.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!