Hey friends! Welcome to the first day of the March release Countdown. Time flies I tell ya! Today, I am continuing my love of birthday cards and using an alcohol ink background I had in my stash. I have been crazy busy these days with my real, day job that I haven’t had a ton of time to craft. So being able to pull a background from my stash is a real time saver. Let’s dive into this easy card (easy since the background was already done hehe).
- Bubbly Birthday
- Bubbly Birthday Die-namics
- Essential Alphabet Die-namics
- Mini Slimline Outside the Box Waves Die-namics
- Create a mixed media background with distress oxide inks. I used several blues and teals to create the background and dried between layers for more texture. Lastly, I splattered the panel with teal acrylic ink spray.
- Die cut 4 squares from the panel using the Stitched Square STAX Die-namics, and glue to an A2 panel of white cardstock. The squares had to overhang the edge of the cardstock to fit all four and I trimmed the excess with my paper trimmer. In hindsight, I should have die cut smaller squares for a greater margin between the squares.
- Stamp and copic color several images from the Sprinkling You with Love stamp set. Die cut with the coordinating die-namics.
- Die cut several clouds from the Cloud Trio Die-namics. Cover the clouds with glitter brush marker.
- Add black glaze pen to the eyes, and clear glaze to the noses of all the critters.
- Adhere all of the images to the card front with liquid glue and foam tape for varied dimension.
- Stamp the sentiment and matte the sentiment strip with silver glitter cardstock. Adhere to the center with foam tape.
Hope you liked this card and that you’re inspired to play along with us! For even more ideas and inspiration, please visit the MFT YouTube channel.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!