Countdown Day 3 is here! I’m featuring the Floral Whimsy set in a slimline design. I rarely make slimline cards these days so it was nice to do something a little different. I made this card with Ukraine on my mind and decided to use the colors of the flag – blue and yellow – to represent that. Several cardmakers have joined together to show solidarity and/or auction cards. Head over to IG and search #CardsForUkraine to see more. I pray for peace and for the safety of our cardmaking friends who live in Ukraine. Now, let’s get into the card.
- Trim a panel of white cardstock to 7.75 x 3.25 inches. From the upper part of the panel, die cut the Slimline Stitched Square Die-namics to die cut three square windows.
- Using salvaged patina and prize ribbon distress oxide spray ink, spray the white panel with the darker ink at the bottom and the lighter ink at the top. I splattered both colors around the panel to mix them a little. And splattered white acrylic paint at the end. Set aside to dry completely.
- Die cut several leaves from the Fab Foliage Die-namics from vellum. Adhere these behind the square windows.
- Stamp several flowers from the Floral Whimsy and white heat emboss on white cardstock. After the embossing is cool, ink blend yellow distress ink over each flower.
- Die cut the flowers with the coordinating Die-namics. Add copic marker for light shading details and adhere the flowers in the square windows.
- Trim a couple pieces of patterned paper to a little over 2 inches to fit behind the windows. Adhere with liquid glue.
- Die cut the sentiment from white cardstock and silver shimmer cardstock and glue the layers together. Adhere to the bottom of the card front.
- Embellish the card with clear drops.
- Add completed card front to a slimline card base sized 3.5 x 8 inches.
Tune into tomorrow for Day 2! Want to see more inspiration? Please visit the MFT YouTube channel for more.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!