Today’s card features the Zipper Die-namics, and it’s so much fun! I have never seen a die like this before, and I think it is so clever. The Zipper Die-namics set includes everything you need to craft a fun, realistic zipper design. This re-released set has been revised to include an updated array of zipper pulls.
I really enjoyed the samples the other DT members have made with this so I encourage you to check out Instagram or the MFT website for more inspiration. I thought it would be creative to make a graduation robe since it’s that time of year when everyone needs a graduation card. I really liked how this CAS card turned out! The possibilities are endless.
- From an A2 sized panel of navy cardstock, die cut the Y shaped opening for the zipper in the middle of the panel. There are several ways you could do this that best suits what type of clothing you are trying to mimic, but I liked the extra lines because I thought it mimicked the pleating on the front of grad robes. Adhere to an A2 panel of white cardstock or directly to your card base.
- Die cut the zipper teeth from silver cardstock. If I were to do this card again, I would die cut the zipper teeth from navy to make it less noticeable. Glue the zipper teeth behind the Y opening.
- Die cut the star from the Zipper Die-namics set with silver foil cardstock.
- Using the Modern Serif Alphabet dies, die cut the word ‘grad’ three times from white cardstock. adhere the layers together. Adhere the word near the bottom of the card leaving room for the sub-sentiment. Add a star behind the ‘g’.
- Stamp and white heat emboss a sentiment from Itty Bitty Celebrations on red cardstock. Adhere underneath the word ‘grad’.
- To add a little more pizazz, I added “cords” with DMC Floss. I twisted red, white, and blue floss and tied it at the ends to look like tassels. I glued the tassels down and secured on the back on the panel with tape.
- Adhere a couple more stars in and around the tassels.
- Add the completed card front to an A2 card base.
- After I took pictures, I added some crystal glaze on top of the letters for more detail and shine.
Hope this card inspires you to stretch your creativity a little bit! Don’t forget that the vault opens up to everyone tomorrow morning. For even more ideas and inspiration, please visit the My Favorite Things YouTube channel.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!