The vault is open! Run and get what interests you before it closes up again! Today, I combined several new products to make a fun, rockin’ card for a friend. Have you ever tried distress glaze before? It is similar to embossing powder, but it is transparent. The color is amazing and they are so versatile.
- Die cut a panel of white cardstock using the largest rectangle in the A2 Double Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics.
- Splatter the panel with black ink.
- Die cut another panel of white cardstock with the Ride the Waves Die-namics. Tape the positive pieces in place.
- Using the Equalizer Stencil, place the stencil over the waves. The stencil won’t cover all of the waves, but that is ok. Tape the stencil in place.
- Press embossing ink through the stencil and using a rainbow of distress embossing glazes, sprinkle each color for a gradient look. I love the resulting color and the slightly grungy look.
- Using foam tape, adhere the waves in order on the card panel. Trim any excess hanging over.
- Stamp a sentiment from the Wavy Greetings stamp set.
- Die cut and assemble the Headphones Die-namics. On the accent pieces, cover in embossing ink and use the salty ocean distress embossing glaze to add color. Add the completed headphones to the card front.
- Stamp the digital heart from the Keep On Rockin’ stamp set to go with the sentiment.
- Add the card front to an A2 card base.
What do you think of the vault release? Hope you enjoyed my samples, I will try to make a couple more in the next couple weeks. 🙂 For even more ideas and inspiration, please visit the My Favorite Things YouTube channel.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!