Sharing another CAS card I made with Memorial Day in mind. I did not get a chance to post yesterday. I think this design could be used for 4th of July, maybe a graduation, or change up the color scheme and make it for any occasion.
- Trim a panel of navy cardstock to 4×5.25 inches. Ink blend dark blue ink around the edges and splatter with water and white acrylic paint. Set aside to dry.
- Die cut the pieces for the flowers in the Perfect Poppies Die-namics. Use white cardstock for the flowers and silver foil cardstock for the leaves, stem, and stamens. Adhere the flowers together as directed on the website with liquid glue and small pieces of foam tape.
- Die cut the Ride the Wave Die-namics from red, white, and blue cardstock. Die cut an extra layer from scrap cardstock and glue together.
- On the blue stripe, stamp a sentiment from the Itty Bitty Love stamp set in white pigment ink and then heat emboss with white embossing powder. I curved the sentiment in my MISTI to match the curve of the stripe.
- Adhere the stripes with fun foam and adhere the flowers around the stripes with liquid glue.
- Adhere the silver leaves. I adhere the leaves last so I can place them around the stems so I know they won’t interfere with other card elements.
- Embellish with clear sequins.
That’s it! A fairly easy card, yet striking. Stay tuned because a new MFT release is coming next week! The countdown starts on Thursday. For even more ideas and inspiration, please visit the My Favorite Things YouTube channel.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!