Happy Saturday! Do you have plans to craft this weekend? If not crafting, I hope you do something just for you. Today is day 3 of the countdown – halfway to MFT’s June release. I made a simple, shaker rainbow card using my distress spray stains. Sometimes all you need is a simple card and a few bright colors to brighten your day.
- Die cut a panel of white cardstock with the largest of the Wonky Stitched Mini Slimline STAX Die-namics. Die cut another layer of scrap cardstock to layer underneath.
- Using the Love is Love Shadows Die-namics, die cut the heart three times from masking paper. Add the three masks to the center of the panel.
- Spray the panel with an array of rainbow distress spray stains. Slightly overlap each color.
- Once dry, carefully lift up the masks to reveal the white heart. It is ok if there is slight leaking underneath the masks; it gives a little more grunge.
- Using some spare packaging plastic, I made my own shaker pocket with double-sided adhesive. Add silver sequins and stars as the shaker bits. Close the shaker pouch and mount on a piece of black cardstock.
- Adhere the completed shaker to a card base measuring 3.25 x 6.25 inches.
- Die cut several layers with the Love is Love Shadows Die-namics. Use black cardstock for the top layer. For the heart, on a white die cut layer, spray it with picked raspberry distress spray stain. Once dry, cover with a glitter brush marker and then with crystal glaze. Adhere the heart in place with foam tape for added dimension.
Stop by the MFT Blog for more sneak peeks and inspiration! Don’t forget to leave a comment there for a chance to win a $25 MFT Gift Voucher! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by! Make sure to drop by the MFT YouTube channel for more inspiration.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!