Hey friends! I’m sharing inspiration for this week’s sketch challenge #598. Please head over to the MFT blog for all the details on eligibility and how to enter. MFT products are encouraged, but not required to enter. And you have a chance to win a $50 MFT gift card!
This sketch was fun to interpret. You could make something simple or decorate your balloon elaborately. The sky is the limit. I decided to make a floral balloon using one of my favorite stamp sets, Pure Poppies. I also used the current MFT Color Challenge colors for my palette. It is another great challenge that you can enter.
- Trim a panel of Caribbean Sea cardstock to 4 x 5.25 inches. Splatter the panel with white paint and adhere to an A2 card base.
- Die cut the largest balloon from the Balloon STAX Die-namics from white cardstock.
- Repeatedly stamp the leaves from Pure Poppies all over the balloon.
- On Lemon Drop and Summer Splash cardstock, white heat emboss several poppies from Pure Poppies. Die cut with the coordinating die-namics.
- Arrange and adhere the poppies to the balloon, trimming off the excess. Adhere the balloon to the card front.
- Glue white twine as the balloon string and bow.
- Stamp the sentiment from All-Occasion Scripted Greetings in Caribbean Sea ink and fussy cut with scissors. Adhere to the card front with foam tape.
- Embellish the balloon with white enamel dots to fill in any big gaps.
Hope you liked the card and are inspired to join in the fun! For even more ideas and inspiration, please visit the My Favorite Things YouTube channel.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!