Y’all know rainbow is my favorite color! I couldn’t help, but participate in the month’s MFT Slimline challenge. I rarely make slimline cards anymore, I prefer mini slimlines, but I enjoyed making this CAS, rainbow butterfly card. To enter, please see more details on the MFT blog. As with the other challenges, you have a chance to win a gift card!
MFT products are encouraged, but not required – just make sure to create a rainbow-themed slimline card for this challenge. You can enter your cards for this month’s challenge on the MFT blog.
- Cut a panel of white cardstock to 3 x 8 inches.
- Using the Winged Wonders Die-namics, die cut the two larger butterflies from the white panel.
- Behind the die cut openings, adhere a rainbow, alcohol ink panel. I used a technique I use frequently when working with alcohol inks. You can see a reel on my Instagram.
- Matte the card front on a piece of black cardstock with foam tape. The black panel measures 8.25 x 3.25 inches.
- Stamp and white heat emboss three butterflies from the Winged Wonders stamp set on vellum.
- Adhere the butterflies with a little liquid glue down only the body of the butterfly. Fluff up the wings for a volume.
- Stamp and heat emboss a sentiment from the Winged Wonders stamp set.
- Embellish with clear, holographic drops and black “splatter” that I created with a black glaze pen. Drawing the splatter is a more controlled way to add splatter.
Hope you’re inspired to play along. The possibilities are endless! As always, find more inspo on my IG and on the MFT Youtube channel. Thanks for popping by!
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!