Today’s the day – the new card kit is available for purchase!
The Beach Day Card Kit includes the following products:
Life’s a Beach Stamp Set
Beach Bungalow Die-namics
Beach Bungalow Accessories Die-namics
Shady Palm Die-namics
Card Stock – Smooth White (1), Poppin’ Pink (1), Red Hot (1), Orange Zest (1), Lemon Drop (1), Limelight (1), Jalapeno Popper (1), Sno Cone (1), Summer Splash (1), Lazy Day (1), Cornflower (1), Kraft (1), Milk Chocolate (1), Cement Gray (1), Black Licorice(1)
The following will be available as a separate purchase:
Sandcastle Builder Die-namics
Sand and Surf Die-namics
The Free with $60 releasing with this kit is Itty Bitty Summer Stamp Set.
My husband and went to a wedding this past weekend and it had a coastal chic vibe. A lot of blue and white and green. It was right on the water and absolutely breathtaking! I thought I’d channel that moody coastal vibe with this card and mixed media background.
- Create a mixed media panel on heavystock paper with distress oxide inks in blues and greens. I also used speckled egg to gray down the colors a bit. Splatter with water, diluted ink, and acrylic paint for additional texture.
- Once the panel is dry, die cut with the A2 Double Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics.
- Using the Beach Bungalow Die-namics and the Sandcastle Builder Die-namics, die cut the pieces from white cardstock.
- Color all of the pieces with various copic markers. I used markers to make stripes on the bungalow and add detail to the front door.
- Adhere the shells and starfish randomly with liquid glue.
- Add crystal glaze over the window to mimic glass and white pen details.
- Stamp and white heat emboss a sentiment from Life’s A Beach on vellum. Wrap around the panel and secure on the back.
- Adhere the finished card front with foam tape to an A2 card base.
Happy summer crafting! I hope this kit helps you feel the wind in your hair and the sand beneath your feet as it transports you to your favorite beach spot. Check out the MFT YouTube channel for more great inspiration.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!