Another week, another sketch challenge! I had a lot of fun making this card for inspiration; I absolutely adore this stamp set. I think I am a little obsessed with all things mail/happy mail themed. The color palette was inspired by the current color challenge. Please head over to the MFT blog for all the details on eligibility and how to enter. MFT products are encouraged, but not required to enter. And you have a chance to win a $50 MFT gift card.
- On an A2 panel of cardstock, use low tack masking tape to mask off one triangle represented in the sketch. After masking a triangle, ink blend with aqua dye ink, fading out to the edges. Using the SY Happy Mail stamp set, stamp the envelope over the masked triangle repeatedly in the same aqua ink. Splatter with water and dark aqua ink.
- Repeat the steps with all 3 triangles, masking and ink blending only one triangle at a time.
- Splatter the whole panel water and dark aqua ink again.
- Run Vintage Timber dye ink over the panel edges and distress the edges with scissors.
- Stamp and copic color several images from SY Happy Mail. Die cut with the coordinating die-namics. I stamped the images in MFT Vintage Timber and copic colored them. I did not know I could copic color with the MFT dye ink, but looks like you can! I usually only stamp in black so stamping in dark brown was a fun change.
- Adhere the images around the panel with foam tape.
- Stamp and white heat emboss a sentiment on kraft paper. Then die cut with the Skinny Strips Die-namics.
- Adhere with foam tape to the middle of the panel.
- Embellish with coordinating colored sequins.
- Adhere the completed card front to a kraft A2 card base.
I really love how this card turned out and I hope you were inspired by it. There are *two* new card kits coming up so stay tuned for the countdowns. As always, there’s lots more inspiration on the MFT YouTube channel.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!