Welcome back to the blog and day 2 of the countdown! I created a simple card for you today with this adorable reindeer from MSTN Reindeer Love. I love adding special details like white highlights, glitter brush marker, and crystal glaze to step up a simple card design. In my opinion, the little things make the card!
- Stamp and copic color the reindeer and heart images from MSTN Reindeer Love stamp set. Die cut with the coordinating die-namics.
- Reindeer: body – E29, E39, E15, E13; antlers – W8, W6, W3, W2, W0
- Reindeer nose and heart: R39, R37, R27
- Scarf: G29, G17, G24
- Create a couple background layers by die cutting with one of the Stitched Traditional Tag STAX Die-namics from patterned paper from the Joyful Plaid paper pad and MFT Jalapeño Popper cardstock. Adhere tags to a white card front matted with patterned paper from the Poppin’ Polka Dots paper pad.
- Die cut the MSTN Be Merry Die-namics from white, Jalapeño Popper, and silver glitter cardstock. Glue the layers together.
- Assemble the card elements with foam tape.
- Add finishing details with white gel pen for snow and highlights, glitter brush marker and crystal glaze over the heart, nose, and the word ‘be’. Add a white and silver twine bow to the left side of the tag.
Onward to day 1! Find more inspiration on the MFT blog (there’s a chance to win a prize during the countdown) and YouTube channel.
I know this is a happy post focused on the card, but I would be remiss if I didn’t say something about 9/11. Please take a moment of silence today and say a prayer for those that lost their lives during the attack and in the aftermath. Generations of lives changed that day. I will never forget where I was and how I felt in the weeks after. May our country continue to heal and focus on building bridges. Count your blessings and extend a little more grace to your neighbors.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!