Welcome to day 4 of our countdown to the new MFT Stamps November release! I’m back with another birthday card, this time using the Alpine Friends stamp set. I love these pun-y sentiments; they make me chuckle. I felt like ink blending some green so I decided on a make believe world of green skies and pink clouds. That’s the beauty of cardmaking right?! I made this card interactive – the ski cable car travels across the card front. But you could easily skip the interactive part if that is not your thing.
- Trim panel of white cardstock to 5.25 x 4 inches. Trim a matte layer to slightly larger in peach cardstock.
- On the white panel, ink blend MFT Field Day, Sour Apple, and Limelight inks. Splatter with leftover ink on your table or surface and clean water.
- Stamp the cable line and then die cut the channel from On the Move Slider Channels Die-namics.
- Add foam tape to the back of the ink blended panel, staying clear of the channel.
- Stamp and copic color several images from Alpine Friends and die cut with the coordinating die-namics.
- To create the interactive piece, glue two slider dots together with strong double-sided adhesive. On one end, adhere to a piece of acetate. Slide the piece into the channel, then on top adhere the colored cable car.
- Hand trim a snowy hill and adhere to the bottom of the panel.
- Stamp a sentiment and adhere the rest of the die cut images around the card front.
- Complete the card by adhering the layers together on an A2 kraft card base.
If I were to do this again, I would have cut a longer piece of acetate for the backer piece and left more clearance, free of foam tape, around the channel. I think this would help the cable to move more freely. I don’t make many interactive cards, so you live, you learn! I also think I should have added some green in the window behind the critters in the cable car. Despite my boo boos, hope you found some inspiration in this card. 🙂 Thanks for popping by and I’ll see you tomorrow for day 3. Stop by the MFT YouTube channel for more.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!