Oh my goodness – it has been a few weeks since my last blog. I have been so sick with covid and the after effects and did not have any energy to craft. But, I feel like I am on the mend finally!! I am still coughing and my energy wanes, but I feel that creative spark again so I am very happy. 🙂 And it is good timing too since I still need to make and send holiday cards.
As you know, Black Friday is coming up and there are a TON of great deals out there. I wanted to highlight MFT’s sale. There is 40% off the shop right now! That’s the very best deal from a craft company I’ve seen so far. For a little inspiration, I made another card using a couple of my favorite products, the Peaceful Dove and Peaceful Greenery Die-namics.
- Create the card base and background. On an A2 card base, adhere an A2 panel of Sno Cone cardstock. On top, layer a slightly smaller panel of patterned paper from the Joyful Plaid paper pad.
- Die cut a panel of white cardstock with the Double Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics and Circle STAX Die-namics.
- Stamp a sentiment around the curve from Mod & Merry.
- Behind the circle window, glue die cuts from the Peaceful Greenery Die-namics.
- Back the panel and the greenery with foam tape and adhere on top of a silver glitter cardstock. I cut very thin pieces of foam tape for the thin leaves. This technique gives a faux laser cut look that I was reminded of watching Jennifer McGuire in her Online Card Classes Holiday 2022 course. It is a technique I have done before and absolutely love. I highly recommend Online Card Classes!
- Die cut and assemble the Peaceful Dove and lightly ink blend MFT Poppin’ Pink on the edges. I needed to add a little more color to the card.
- Adhere the dove with foam tape, and glue the small leaf in its beak.
I hope you’ll head over to the MFT store and pick up a few things. MFT is a small business and I know they appreciate the support. For everyone that prayed for me, wished me well, and/or checked in on me, THANK YOU! You are so incredibly kind, and I am so thankful to be part of this community. Enjoy Thanksgiving everyone!
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!