Oh my goodness – it has been a few weeks since my last blog. I have been so sick with covid and the after effects and did not have any energy to craft. But, I feel like I am on the mend finally!! I am still coughing and my energy wanes, but I feel that creative spark again so I am very happy. 🙂 And it is good timing too since I still need to make and send holiday cards.
As you know, Black Friday is coming up and there are a TON of great deals out there. I wanted to highlight MFT’s sale. There is 40% off the shop right now! That’s the very best deal from a craft company I’ve seen so far. For a little inspiration, I made another card using a couple of my favorite products, the Peaceful Dove and Peaceful Greenery Die-namics.
- Create the card base and background. On an A2 card base, adhere an A2 panel of Sno Cone cardstock. On top, layer a slightly smaller panel of patterned paper from the Joyful Plaid paper pad.
- Die cut a panel of white cardstock with the Double Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics and Circle STAX Die-namics.
- Stamp a sentiment around the curve from Mod & Merry.
- Behind the circle window, glue die cuts from the Peaceful Greenery Die-namics.
- Back the panel and the greenery with foam tape and adhere on top of a silver glitter cardstock. I cut very thin pieces of foam tape for the thin leaves. This technique gives a faux laser cut look that I was reminded of watching Jennifer McGuire in her Online Card Classes Holiday 2022 course. It is a technique I have done before and absolutely love. I highly recommend Online Card Classes!
- Die cut and assemble the Peaceful Dove and lightly ink blend MFT Poppin’ Pink on the edges. I needed to add a little more color to the card.
- Adhere the dove with foam tape, and glue the small leaf in its beak.
I hope you’ll head over to the MFT store and pick up a few things. MFT is a small business and I know they appreciate the support. For everyone that prayed for me, wished me well, and/or checked in on me, THANK YOU! You are so incredibly kind, and I am so thankful to be part of this community. Enjoy Thanksgiving everyone!
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!
Very pretty card. It sucks to be sick! I am so glad you are feeling better. Hope you and your family have an awesome wobble-gobble day. Kim
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you very much! Wishing you a very happy Turkey Day too! 🙂