It’s release day and I hope you’ve enjoyed all the inspiration! Don’t forget to check out the MFT blog to see what the other DT members have created. They are all so amazing and creative, it blows my mind! For my last sample, I am case-ing a card I made awhile ago. I’ve been ill and was running short of ideas so I went back to a design I quite like – a card that looks like a present. This could be used for the holidays, birthday, anniversaries, whatever. Just switch out the sentiment. I encourage you to look to your own amazing cards for ideas if you’re ever stumped. Switch up the supplies and/or colors and it’s a different card. This card was fairly easy to make, so let’s get to the details.
- On an A2 black cardstock panel, stamp the Snowflake Flurry Background in embossing ink and heat emboss with gold embossing powder. I used WOW Metallic Rich Gold. It is one of my favorite gold colors. The gold on black is so, so pretty. Pics don’t do it justice fully.
- Trim two strips of white card stop to about 0.5 inches to lay across the panel vertically and horizontally. Cut a thin strip of Black Velvet cardstock and adhere in the middle of each strip of white. The velvet is such a pretty touch for the holidays and gives a new texture.
- Die cut the Stackable Snowflakes Die-namics from black, white, and gold metallic cardstock. Adhere the layers together. Then adhere to the point where the “ribbons” cross. Add a gold pearl in the middle.
- Stamp a sentiment from MSTN Cool Christmas Greetings stamp set and heat emboss in white.
- Die cut the sentiment with a tag from Tag Builder Blueprints 5. Die cut an additional tag from the gold cardstock to layer underneath.
I’ll be taking a bit of a break as I am recovering from an illness. But you can find lots more tutorials and inspiration on my IG or on the MFT YouTube channel. Thanks for all of your kind words and for being part of my crafty community!
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!