Only one more day until the April release is live! Have any favorites yet? I had lots of leftover cardstock scraps so I decided to put them together to create today’s inspiration. I am building up my birthday stash as I need cards for my friends and family and birthday cards to donate to Cards for Kindness, hence another birthday card. What kind of card do you make the most?
- On a piece of copy paper, adhere strips of scrap cardstock. I used scraps of solid cardstock – Princess Pink and Grapesicle, and scraps of patterned paper from the Springing for Houndstooth Paper Pad. It was a mix of pastel colors so I thought they worked perfectly together.
- Die cut the patterned paper panel using the largest hexagon from the Stitched Hexagon STAX Die-namics.
- Using two of the Stitched Hexagon dies, die cut a frame from the largest and second largest hexagon. Die cut four frames to build up a shaker wall.
- Adhere three frames together, add acetate, and then add the fourth frame on top. I thought the frame needed additional height so I added thin foam strips as well.
- Die cut the Happy Birthday Die-namics from white and Cotton Candy cardstock. Glue the layers together, and then glue on top of the patterned paper hexagon. In hindsight, I should have used a much smaller sentiment die. I had trouble adding the bunny with the balloon image because it obstructed the sentiment so much so I had to hang it off the edge a bit.
- Add irridescent shaker bits and adhere the frame on top.
- Stamp and copic color several images from RAM Best Buds. Die cut with the coordinating die-namics.
- Add other stamps to the card front and adhere the images around the panel. Note: I doodled the trails behind the butterflies because I should have stamped before adhere the shaker. The stamp set does come with trail stamps, but they will look different than what I doodled.
- Adhere the card front to an A2 card base.
Only one more sleep! See you tomorrow for more inspiration.
For more inspiration, tutorials, and a closer look at MFT products, please stop by and subscribe to the MFT YouTube channel!
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!
Cute, cute, cute!!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks, Kim!! Did you get crafty at all this past weekend?
Hi Tiffany, I ended up watching TV all weekend. It was cold and raining the entire weekend so I sat in my recliner under a warm blanket. I didn’t even go to Easter service, I watched it LiveStream instead. I was a lazy bum all weekend! I need to start working on my mother’s day card and birthday card for my mom (they fall around the same time each year).
LikeLiked by 1 person
Aww I totally understand that! I hope the weekend was restful for you.