Hi crafty friends! Be prepared for a ton of blog posts and inspiration with a lot of new MFT products this week! I’m thrilled to be on the design team now, and this is the first Wednesday Sketch challenge in which I am participating. Please head over to the MFT blog for all the details on eligibility and how to enter.
I wanted to make a CAS card for a friend who just had a baby girl. I flipped the sketch so the largest rectangle was at the top. Feel free to turn and flip a sketch challenge to fit your card. The sketch is there to provide you a jumping off point, but you do not have to follow it exactly!
- Adhere a piece of patterned paper from the Poppin’ Polka Dots paper pad to an A2-sized card base.
- Die cut a piece of light pink cardstock with one of the smaller rectangles in the Wonky Stitched Rectangle STAX Die-namics set.
- Ink blend picked raspberry distress oxide ink for an ombre ink look at the bottom of the pink panel. One of my favorite techniques is ink blending on colored cardstock.
- Stamp the bear images from the Bear Hugs stamp set with MFT Extreme Black ink and color with Copic markers. Die cut with the coordinating Die-namics and adhere with foam tape.
- Die cut the hearts from the Tag Builder Blueprints 5 Die-namics from white cardstock and adhere around the bears.
- Add glitter brush marker on top of the hearts, on the tiny pink bear, and the bear bottoms. It is difficult to see in the photos, but visible in person.
- Stamp the sentiments from Itty Bitty Basics in picked raspberry distress oxide ink and clear heat emboss.
- Trim sentiment strips to the same length as the larger rectangle.
- Add a white, twine bow under the bottom of the bear on the right for a little extra detail.
Hope you join us for this week’s sketch challenge! Thanks for stopping by! For even more ideas and inspiration, please visit the My Favorite Things YouTube channel.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!