It’s release day – go over to the MFT website to check out everything now! Once again, MFT has released some really, really cute and versatile stamp sets and dies that I know I will reach for again and again. I can’t wait to see what y’all make with all your new goodies, if you decide to shop. For today’s inspiration, I decided to create a card with the new Pure Innocence Pineapple of My Eye stamp set. You know that PI is known for their adorable little girl illustrations, and I love coloring them as girls of color, since I don’t see it too often. I paired the stamp with one of my favorite, tried and true techniques of creating my own patterned paper. If a technique works for you and you love doing it, keep doing it! Cardmaking is supposed to bring us joy after all. My card is fairly simple (the coloring took the longest), though the layout took a little fiddling with. I hope I inspire you to use up your patterned paper laying around in fun layouts!
- On a panel of white cardstock, trimmed to 4 x 5.25 inches, repeatedly and randomly stamp the two palm trees from Paradise Pals in MFT Sour Apple and Field Day inks.
- Splatter diluted inks on the panel with the same colors. Adhere to an A2 card base.
- Trim three strips of patterned paper from the Pretty in Plaid (green plaid) and Hip Hip Yay Paper Pads (yellow grid and pink triangles). Arrange and glue the paper down to the card front.
- Stamp and copic color the image from Pineapple of My Eye. Die cut with the coordinating Die-namics and die cut out of fun foam for dimension.
- Adhere the completed image to the card front.
- Stamp and white heat emboss the sentient on MFT Field Day cardstock. Trim into a sentiment strip and adhere below the girl.
- Finish the card by adding a few green jewels for sparkle.
Thanks for reading and for stopping by! For even more ideas and inspiration, please visit the My Favorite Things YouTube channel.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!