There’s a new MFT release coming and today I’m sharing a peek at one of the new, beautiful butterfly sets! I love how detailed the wings are and these would be amazing in a number of different mediums! I think this will be a favorite stamp set for me. I chose to keep this sample fairly simple and pair a vellum butterfly with a bold, alcohol inked background.
- On yupo paper, “pour” various blue and purple alcohol inks and blend with alcohol blending solution. Tip the paper during the process and watch the ink drip and mix. I keep meaning to do a reel of this technique. I will soon, promise!
- Once the panel is dry, die cut with the A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX.
- Matte the panel with a piece of MFT Boysenberry cardstock.
- Add fun foam behind the panel for dimension and adhere to an A2 card base.
- Stamp and white heat emboss on vellum a butterfly from Winged Wonders. Die cut with the coordinating Winged Wonders die-namics.
- Die cut leaves from white cardstock using the Fab Foliage die-namics.
- Adhere the leaves with liquid glue and the butterfly with clear adhesive foam tape only the middle. Shape the wings up a little bit for more volume.
- Stamp and white heat emboss a sentiment from the Winged Wonders stamp set and adhere below the butterfly with foam tape.
- Embellish with clear drops.
Thanks for stopping by! Come back for the next 5 days for more peeks. For even more ideas and inspiration, please visit the My Favorite Things YouTube channel.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!