Welcome back to my blog and Day 4 of the countdown to MFT’s April release! Today’s card features the new You’re My Sunshine stamp set and coordinating die-namics in another clean and simple design. This stamp set is so cute! Bonus: This card fits the theme of our current sketch challenge #588. Do you play along with sketch challenges? They are great way to get your creative juices flowing and by entering, you have a chance to win a prize. Head over to the MFT challenge blog for more info.
- On an A2 card base, adhere the yellow, grid patterned paper from the Hip Hip Yay Paper Pad.
- Take an A2 panel of white cardstock and trim it in half diagonally. Adhere to the card base.
- Stamp the images from You’re My Sunshine in MFT Extreme Black and copic color. Die cut with the coordinating die-namics.
- Paper piece the umbrella by stamping and heat embossing it on polka dot paper from the Hip Hip Yay Paper Pad. Fussy cut the umbrella out and color in the handle.
- Using the Rolling Hills stencil, light ink blend some green and blue ink as a backdrop to the cat.
- Adhere the completed images to the card front with foam tape for dimension.
- Stamp and white heat emboss the sentiment from the You’re My Sunshine stamp set on Summer Splash cardstock. Add strips of scrap patterned paper underneath the sentiment for a fun look.
- Embellish the card with a few sequins and glitter brush marker on the sun, umbrella, the glasses.
Thanks for stopping by! Come back tomorrow for another look at the new release. For even more ideas and inspiration, please visit the My Favorite Things YouTube channel.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!