Welcome back! We’re halfway to the July release. Today, I tried a little shabby chic-ish card, something different than my normal style (if I have a normal style lol). It was fun to make! I am always looking for ways to use up patterned paper. I absolutely love it, but I have trouble finding unique and interesting ways to use all the paper I have. Do you have any fun ways that you love to use patterned paper? Let me know.
- Create a background panel from white cardstock and trim it to 4 x 5.25 inches.
- Take 3 pieces of patterned paper from DBD Wildflowers paper pad and trim to 1.25 inches each. Glue each strip to the background panel. Before adhering the last strip, carefully tear the edge by hand.
- Using the DBD Stitched Wildflowers Die-namics, die cut several flowers. Ink them up with a blending brush or by dipping the white die cut directly into an ink pad. Die cut white leaves from Fab Foliage die-namics.
- Stamp and white heat emboss a sentiment from Sweet 16 stamp set on a piece of dark gray cardstock. Isn’t this sentiment fabulous? This set will be a freebie if you purchase over a certain amount.
- Distress the edges with scissors and adhere with foam tape.
- Arrange and adhere the flowers and leaves around the sentiment with foam tape and liquid glue.
- Add a small piece of patterned paper from Finishes and Textiles paper pad underneath the sentiment. Add controlled “splatter” with a white paint pen.
- Stamp a sentiment inside from the Inside & Out Birthday Greetings.
I hope this card inspired you. Thanks so much for stopping by! Find more inspiration on the MFT YouTube channel.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!