(*Affiliate links used whenever possible at no extra cost to you.)
It is Christmas Season at Spellbinders! The first holiday products of 2022 are in the Spellbinders shop, and I love them! I have a few of the new products so I’ll be sharing more inspiration soon. Last year, I was bit by the stitching bug, and I think this trend is here to stay. I think these stitching dies make for unique, special cards. This card features the brand new Stitched Diamond Argyle die along with some older Spellbinders holiday products in my stash. I love non-traditional holiday color combos, so I used dmc thread in shades of pink, aqua, and green.
- From heavyweight white cardstock, die cut using the Stitched Diamond Argyle die. The die comes in two parts – the rectangular piece and the interior die to cut the stitching pattern. Because the stitching pattern does not have an outer border die, you can potentially die cut various shapes or smaller panels to add some more variety to this product. Finding ways to stretch supplies is always needed!
- Using the diagonal lines as a guide, trim a piece of the panel off. I could have stitched the whole thing, but I wanted to do something different. I think it gives a different look, again stretching my supplies.
- Using various colors of dmc thread, stitch the panel. I used the same color in rows, going from lightest to darkest in a fun holiday palette.
- On another A2 panel of cardstock, silver foil a sentiment Yana’s Christmas Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate in the bottom right corner.
- Once the stitching is completed, adhere with strong liquid glue to the panel with the hot foiled sentiment.
- Add silver pearls to the diamond centers using liquid glue.
- Die cut leaves and flowers from the Christmas Blooms etched dies. Arrange and glue the flowers near the sentiment.
Hope you’re inspired to get crackin’ on your holiday card stash!
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!
*Affiliate disclosure: I only use, review, and blog about products/companies I actually like and will continue to use. Some of the products shown on my blog use affiliate links. These affiliate links allow me to earn a small commission when products are purchased through those links. *This is at no cost to you!* Please do not feel obligated to use my affiliate links. If you choose to use these links, thank you so much! It helps support my blog and bring new content to you. Read the full disclosure on the about page.