Hey friends! I’m sharing inspiration for this week’s sketch challenge #602. Please head over to the MFT blog for all the details on eligibility and how to enter. MFT products are encouraged, but not required to enter. And you have a chance to win a $50 MFT gift card!
I love doing things a little off kilter, so again, I flipped this sketch on its side. When I create samples for sketch challenges, I tend to pick stamp sets that I haven’t used yet. It is a great way to make sure you use your stash, so I challenge you to pull out a never used or barely used set each time you participate in a sketch or color challenge!
- Trim two rectangles of white cardstock down to approximately fit the sizes of the rectangles in the sketch.
- On the top rectangle, ink blend distress oxide ink. From top to bottom I used, villainous potion, seedless preserves, and abandoned coral. For the bottom rectangle, from top to bottom, I used abandoned coral, saltwater taffy, and squeezed lemonade.
- Splatter the panels with clean water and white acrylic paint.
- Adhere the ink blended panels to an A2 card panel.
- Stamp and copic color several images from YUZU Island Shell-ebration. Die cut the images with the coordinating die-namics.
- Adhere the images with liquid glue and foam tape. Add glitter brush marker over the beach ball and surf board.
- Stamp and white heat emboss a sentiment from the stamp set on white paper. Ink blend over the sentiment with abandoned coral and saltwater taffy oxide inks. Wipe the excess ink off of the white heat embossing.
- Die cut the sentiment with a banner die from Skinny Strips Die-namics.
- Adhere the sentiment with foam tape.
- Adhere the completed card front to an A2 card base.
- Embellish the finished card with clear drops.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you join in on the fun! For more, visit the MFT YouTube channel.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!