Hey boo! For day 2 of the countdown, I’m sharing a fun Halloween card. I love Halloween and all the Halloween inspiration from the crafty community. I created a mixed media background to add a little grunge for my adorable ghost.
- On watercolor paper, spray several mica distress inks in halloween colors (purple, yellow, orange, green) and spritz with water. Splatter the background with clean water and metallic watercolor. I love the shine of the mica sprays; it is hard to capture on camera. Ink blend on the edges with a little black soot distress oxide to darken the edges.
- Once the panel is dried, trim it down to 3.75 x 5 inches. Once dried, die cut the panel with the Hey, Ghoul Die-namics. Such a great staple for your Halloween makes.
- Matte the panel with purple cardstock and ink blend around the edges with dark purple dye ink. Splatter the purple panel with water for additional texture. Adhere to an A2 card base.
- Stamp and copic color the adorable ghost from the RAM Too Cute to Spook stamp set. Die cut with the coordinating die-namics.
- Adhere the ghost with foam tape and then cover the balloons with glitter brush marker.
Hope you enjoyed this grungy card and super cute ghost! I love mixing up styles when I make cards. This is my creative outlet and my creativity looks different depending on how I feel or what technique I’d like to try. Be on the lookout for even more Halloween cards 🙂 These new products will be available on Tuesday, August 16th at 10 AM EDT. Make sure to drop by the MFT Blog for a chance to win a $25 MFT Gift Voucher. As always, there is a ton more inspiration on the MFT YouTube channel.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!
I love cute and whimsical Halloween cards. Yours just puts a smile on my face! I love the sentiment. I used to never make Halloween cards. Now I look forward to making them for my work team and close friends.
Thanks very much, Kim!! I love making Halloween cards, I think they are just so much fun 🙂