Welcome back to another countdown to a new MFT release! The release will go live next Tuesday at 10am ET and is full of winter and fall goodness! When I started this card, I had a different idea in mind, but I had to pivot. Does that ever happen to you? I had more critters colored and a different layout planned with a slightly different color scheme. But I’m happy with my first card sample of this new, adorable release!
- Create a background with the Touch of Texture Background with MFT inks: Lazy Day and Blue Beyond.
- Die cut two strips of grass using the Grassy Terrain Die-namics. Ink blend Field Day on top. Splatter the grass with a lot of white acrylic spray to mimic snow.
- Adhere the grass to the background panel and trim to 3.5 x 4.75 inches. Matte the panel with patterned paper from Poppin’ Polka Dots and red cardstock.
- Stamp and copic color several images from SY Christmas Tree Farm. Die cut with the coordinating die-namics. On each image, I dotted it with a white paint pen for snow.
- Evergreen trees: G29, G28, G99, G17, G21/ tree stump: E59, E57, E23 – I love how using these colors together with a flicking motion to color made the tree look fluffy and gave a lot of dimension.
- Sign: E59, E57, E23
- Jacket and hats: R89, R29, R28, C1, Y26
- Fox squirrel critter: E99, YR27, YR24, YR21
- Adhere the trees and sign in place.
- The background was looking too busy for my main image so I decided to trim a piece of vellum to overlay on top. I dotted the vellum with a white acrylic paint pen for a snowy look. I adhered the main image on top with foam tape and hide tiny drops of glue behind the foam tape and snowflakes.
- Adhere the sign on top of the vellum.
- Stamp the sentiment, white heat emboss, and die cut with the banner die in Blueprint 27 Die-namics. When I use white embossing powder, I like to stamp with white pigment ink. I think it gives a brighter finish.
- Adhere the sentiment to the card front with a twine bow.
This card did not finish as I envisioned, but I like the end result! Hope you’re inspired to stick around for another 5 days of sneaks, inspiration, and blog posts. Thanks for stopping by! There’s lots more inspiration on the MFT YouTube channel.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!