(*Affiliate links used whenever possible at no extra cost to you.)
Happy New Year crafty friends! May this year bring you lots of love, adventure, laughter, and craft supplies! I have a good feeling about this year, and I hope you do as well.
If you’ve been following me, you know I was late to jump on the stitching trend, but am totally hooked now. I was so excited when Spellbinders announced their brand new club kit – Stitching Die of the Month. I’ll be sharing inspiration with you each month with each new stitching die release! As a reminder, here is a great overview of the monthly clubs program. There is also a new 3D embossing folder club and a revamped card kit of the month. January’s 3D folder is super pretty and I have already ordered it!
For inspiration, I created a bright, encouragement card for a friend. The rays reminded me of the sun so I used warm-colored floss and a coordinating sentiment. I like to keep my stitching cards simple so these cards are fairly easy to make and are so relaxing. I like to turn on my favorite show, light a candle, and get into the groove of stitching.
- Die cut the pieces of the stitching kit from white cardstock.
- Stitch the rays using a variety of warm-colored floss from the DMC Variegated Floss Bundle. I used the dark pink, orange, and dark yellow floss. For each color, I only used 3 strange of the floss for less bulk.
- After stitching, I adhered all of the layers with foam tape for added dimension.
- For the sentiment, die cut a circle from yellow cardstock. Then stamp a sentiment from the coordinating stamp set, Sentimental Greetings, and gold heat emboss. This coordinating stamp set has several sweet sentiments that can be used year round on all sorts of projects.
- I added a little bling by adding gold gems around the panel.
I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you’re inspired to take a look at the new stitching club and the other clubs Spellbinders has to offer. Have a great day!
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!
*Affiliate disclosure: I only use, review, and blog about products/companies I actually like and will continue to use. Some of the products shown on my blog use affiliate links. These affiliate links allow me to earn a small commission when products are purchased through those links. *This is at no cost to you!* Please do not feel obligated to use my affiliate links. If you choose to use these links, thank you so much! It helps support my blog and bring new content to you. Read the full disclosure on the about page.
Very pretty 😍! You’re making want this set…lol.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, Tiffani! It is very pretty! 🙂