Welcome back to my blog! The MFT design team is sharing inspiration over the next 5 days as we count down to the new January 2023 release! I think you’re gonna love it!
I’m sharing a fun card with you today playing with the spotlight technique, but in reverse. A little simple coloring makes these flowers pop.
- On an A2 panel of Cement Gray cardstock, white heat emboss the floral stamp from SY Gathered with Love. It is a gorgeous floral bouquet! When I heat emboss in white embossing powder, I like to use white pigment ink. I think the white shows up brighter than if I use clear embossing ink.
- Keeping the floral stamp in the same position in your stamping platform, stamp the floral bouquet again on Princess Pink cardstock. Heat emboss with dark gray embossing powder.
- Die cut the Heart Rays die from the gray panel to create a window.
- Adhere the panels together with foam tape, popping up the gray panel. Trim a little off the left side to allow room for a strip of patterned paper from Pretty in Plaid. This is a good way to use up leftover paper scraps.
- Color the flower and leaves with copics. I used the following colors – R00, R20, R21, R83, RV11, RV14, RV29, G21, W2.
- Stamp a sentiment from Gathered with Love on Princess Pink cardstock with Cotton Candy dye ink. I stamped the sentiment a few times to darken the ink color.
- Embellish the card with white pen details and white twine.
I appreciate you stopping by, and I hope this inspired you to create something similar! Don’t forget to check the MFT YouTube channel for more tutorials and ideas.
I’d love to connect with you! Please follow me on IG and my blog, and reach out and say hi!